Joanna Brouk’s most ambitious recording, Sounds of the Sea is a concept album full of mystery and eroticism. A conch shell bookends this journey into the deep, going down and down and down further, never reaching bottom. Drawing inspiration from various legends of mermaids and sailors, Brouk weaves circling flutes, vocals, drones and whale songs to describe a sense of unfathomable longing more clearly than words could ever express. Sounds of the Sea is a hypnotic and profound achievement by one of new age's greatest composers.
Pre-order: Release date December 8, 2023. This item will begin shipping in late November.
- Joanna Brouk Invocation
- Joanna Brouk Atavesta
- Joanna Brouk Playing In The Water
- Joanna Brouk Aurora
- Joanna Brouk Diving Deeper, Remembering Love
- Joanna Brouk Going To Sleep
- Joanna Brouk The Reminder Of Long Ago
- Joanna Brouk The Nymph Rising/Calling The Sailor
- Joanna Brouk First Meeting
- Joanna Brouk Touching The Sky
- Joanna Brouk The Sounding
- Joanna Brouk Return To The Deep